The Office Tour: Part Two

Here's a shot of my desk, just to the right of my work area. For those of you who remember 'Highlights' magazine, find the following:
A Land Adventurer holding a Land Adventurer
A BSR MOA that I dunked in bleach, whose hair turned red.
A Sigma Six Centurian
The Red Baron
A Halftrack
A Lunchbox
My Razor
An Arbitron ratings diary




To the right of my desk, we find the corner display table, which is usually more crowded than displayed.

It's chock full o' Joey goodness.

Two TC talking Pilots
Two TC talking Sailors
A MB Joe in a knockoff pilot outfit
A Kid Connection sand craft
The Jesse James cool old R/C car
A really crappy dollar-store knockoff that I haven't written about yet
A MOA in Lanard Adventure Gear
And partially visible, my first Joe, a Talking Soldier I got for my fifth birthday in 1967

Damn, I'm old.

More of the dispay table in the corner.

Here you can see all of my Talking Soldier. Also the Power Team tower with the TC Space Capsule sitting atop.

Manning the tower are a 40th guy in SOTW "Snowdrop" MP gear, and a Meijer's Air Adventurer who got a food coloring hair dye job.

Below that are some wine crates that make great figure storage devices (thre bucks each at Family Dollar), and a BBi WWII guy from Toys R Us.

In the lower corner you see a 40th Sailor driving a cheap beach-toy dune buggy from K Mart.

Just barely visible is my Les Paul, wearing a 42-year old Stetson that needs re-blocked.



Looking up a bit, we see a wall of 40th guys. It's the West Wall

Among them you'll see a 40th soldier with Field Jacket, A Military Policeman, Sgt. Rock, and some of the stuff you've seen in other photos.


I've probably taken pictures of this wall a hundred times.


The rest of the West Wall.

This is going to be redone so that it lines up with the other shelves and I can have 40th guys going all the way across.

You can see some assorted 40th, Meijers, and FAO guys there, plus a near-complete collection of those novelty lunchboxes.

The blank Wall will soon sport shelves, too.


Two last photos still to come, and maybe some close-ups.




Comments

Popular Posts